Gilt Edged are Glasgow’s longest established Highland and Formal Wear specialists with over 50 years’ experience of supplying high quality highland outfits to hire for weddings and other events. We understand just how important it is for our customers to achieve the perfect look for their special occasion, we’re not just the best in Glasgow – we’re the best in the business. Gilt Edged are owned by ACS Clothing, Europe’s largest Hirewear company who provide top quality menswear to Gilt Edged and other High Street retailers. ACS are focused on sustainability and in recent years have received significant funding and multiple environmental business awards.
Ahead of a highly anticipated busy wedding season we have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused and sales driven Retail Manager to take charge of our large, city centre store. We’re looking for an experienced people person with a positive, can-do attitude, who can take full ownership of the day-to-day running of the business.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To drive sales and profitability of the store achieving outstanding results as Retail Manager.
- Achieve the highest levels of customer service at every touch point.
- Ensure the visual representation of the store is maintained to a high standard.
- Control costs/stock as well as cash handling and till management.
- Manage all aspects of HR & Health & Safety, including fire marshal and first aid responsibilities.
- To be aware of competitor activity and take action where relevant to ensure maximum footfall and profitability.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
A talented person:
The ideal candidate would have a successful track record in a busy retail environment, leading from the front and motivating the team to achieve their goals whilst personally driving sales and growing the business. The successful candidate will have a very communicative, helpful style and be willing to embrace change. Experience of all MS office packages, in particular Excel, and sound knowledge of social media advertising is required.
This is a full-time role, working 5 days over 7 days.
We are based in the Saltmarket area of Glasgow city centre. A short 15-minute walk from Glasgow Central.
ACS is a Real Living Wage Employer. Salary up to £27k dependent on experience.
Please email email@example.com