At ACS, we are now looking to slowly reopen our business to meet the needs of our customers. Life will not return to our old ‘normal’ anytime soon and we will have to get used to maintaining social distancing for some time yet.
The UK Government is understandably trying to strike a balance between reopening the economy and keeping this terrible disease at bay. The measures which have been announced encourage a very gradual return to normal, but continue to stress the importance of taking sensible precautions.
COVID-19 is acting as the catalyst for us to reimagine how our workplace can be healthier, higher performing, more productive, and an even better place to work as we progress towards a full return.
We can now announce that we have demonstrated our compliance with the UK Government advice on Working Safely during Coronavirus.
The five steps we undertook to demonstrate that we are COVID-19 secure are:
- We carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with our staff who work in the business.
- We implemented cleaning, handwashing, and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- And finally, where staff may not be able to be 2m apart, we have done everything to practically manage transmission risk.